Got some beer left in your Trout Town growlers that you don’t want to go to waste?
Try one of the recipes below. You can substitute any of our beers in the recipe.
• 1 1/2 cups of Roscoe NY trout Town Amber Ale
• Olive oil (amount: use as needed)
• 1 large red onion, diced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
• 1lb Portobella mushrooms chopped
• 2 stalks celery chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound lean ground beef or venison for you hunters
• Half pound of Italian spiced sausage with casing removed
• 1/4 cup chili powder
• 2 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
• One small can tomato paste
• One large can diced tomatoes
• One small can diced tomatoes
• One can black beans, drained and rinsed
• One can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• One can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• One can cooked corn
• One pound cheddar cheese
Add olive oil (substitute any cooking oil) to a large frying pan on medium to high heat. Add onion, pepper, mushroom, garlic, and celery to pan and sautee for 4-6 minutes. Remove and place in Crock pot, large stock pot, or dutch oven. Now add the beef and sausage to the pan with more oil and cook until just slightly browned. Break apart to leave varying sized chunks.
Pour entire meat mixture into the cooking pot of choice. Next stir in the spices (chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper) Add all remaining ingredients except the corn and cheese and bring to a simmer. Cook on low-med heat for at least 2 hours. Note: this dish cooks better at a lower temperature for a longer time. Try low heat for 3 hours if time is not critical.
Prior to serving, top each bowl with some corn and shredded cheddar cheese.
• 3/4 cup Roscoe NY Trout Town Amber Ale
• 1 cup bottled chili sauce
• 3/4 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
• 2 tablespoons Honey mustard
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke, preferably hickory
Note: Hot pepper sauce can be added to taste if a spicier sauce is desired.
Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and simmer until all ingredients thicken to the desired consistency. This can take between 10-20 minutes on a medium heat.
• 1 1/2 lb Venison cut in strips
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 large onion sliced
• 1 green pepper sliced
• 1 lb can tomato (or fresh)
• 4 oz can mushroom (or fresh)
• 3 tbs soy sauce
• 2 1/4 cups Trout Town Amber Ale
Coat venison with flour, salt, pepper, add to crockpot then add all other ingredients. Cook on high 2 hours then low 3 hours.
• 1/2 cup butter
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 2 pounds bear steak, cut 1-inch thick
• 4 medium yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 cups Rainbow Red Ale
• 1 bay leaf
Preheat the oven to 325F. At the same time, place a large heavy skillet over medium heat, add the butter & oil. Combine flour, salt & pepper and coat each steak. Place the steak into hot pan, brown each steak on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the meat from the pan and place into a casserole dish. Cover meat with the onions. Add the beer and bay leaf, cover and bake for 2 1/2 hours, until well done and tender.